Neverwinter Forest lxxiii. when my working day is over
breathe fire
638 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
the calls and cries were enough to stir shikoba from her resting place to go and seek out the cloudberry woman. trusting that mojag could handle himself with inutsuk, the woman threw herself into a quick pace to investigate what was happening.

thankfully, keyni and kukutux have already arrived to provide their comfort and guidance. upon coming closer, shikoba finally realizes that the woman is suffering through the same fate of birth that shikoba had experienced. she grows still, somber, saddened. a light brush of her nose against the other guardians' shoulders, letting her know she is here.

"löté," she whispers as she aims to wiggle herself in, "we are here."

the pain of stillbirth may echo in the chamber of the woman's heart for many moons, but there is relief in knowing that life, despite everything, prevails: someone breaths, suckling on his mother's teat with the comfort of not knowing what is happening.

shikoba, if allowed, would let her tongue trace over the space between löté's ears in a way to offer comfort. there was now a new bond connecting the women of this village together.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Messages In This Thread
lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Lótë - May 13, 2022, 12:52 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Keyni - May 13, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Kukutux - May 13, 2022, 03:27 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Makan - May 13, 2022, 03:42 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Fjall - May 13, 2022, 11:36 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Shikoba - May 16, 2022, 10:12 AM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Lótë - May 22, 2022, 04:36 AM