Redhawk Caldera Five quid for membership and then five quid to get in, innit?
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
His song was short and strained.

There was no telling what he expected; when a shape appeared he thought immediately that it was Sorana and he felt a tender sort of hope revive at the thought, and he watched as that figure grew to a shape he knew, but it was not her. It did not hold the ruddy tones he'd envisioned - but golds, and soft browns, and a pair of eyes full of trepidation instead of love.

Teya stared him down a moment before speaking, and there was nothing there to welcome him home.

At first Reyes did not know what to do. He could not look at her - he looked down, he hunched, he was a slave to his conditioning. It was hard to be so scrutinized. He could not leave her waiting for an answer and one would come, slowly, as he willed himself to speak.

Away. I was... stuck, and hurt, and... he had some healed wounds to show for it, but by now even Reyes had forgotten what had taken him away in the first place. The seaside came to mind, but he couldn't remember why. I came back. I brought -- there's a gift, here. he looked awkwardly to the goose with its crooked neck and didn't know what else to say.

He wanted very much to look at her and feel welcomed. The delusion of this moment had kept him fed and warm for many weeks now, but it was different here. It was colder here. Sorana should've been here instead. That's how it was meant to be.