Redhawk Caldera Five quid for membership and then five quid to get in, innit?
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It was the same old thing. A woman deciding for him what was right, what was best. Denying him the basic necessities of a home to come back to, of love undying; but their love had died for one another many moons ago. It was Sorana that tethered them together now, and with the girl's growth came some leeway. She could travel and that meant Reyes did not need to stay here - that meant, also, that all his work to come back was for nothing.

You're -- you can't just say that and make it true! He countered, as she decreed she was not his wife. They had married. He was here, he could provide. I was hurt, Teya. I was hurt and I needed help, and I got that. I'm here now, and I can -- I can hunt for you, I can be a husband. But what was a husband who couldn't love their wife? What kind of relationship, of partnership, was that?

He stepped towards her without thinking, punching the snow with his steps. His voice was full of the same old desperation - except there wasn't the same rage as when he'd been here before, that had been worked out of him: I'm your husband and this is my home! You have no idea what I've been through to get back here, Teya. We can talk about this - we can fix whatever this is, but you, you can't just say no.