Redhawk Caldera Everybody wants an easy ride
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Less, she responded immediately, then laughed softly and pressed her cheek into him comfortably.  She was in no rush, and loved their time spent talking just as much.  Her heat was simply an excuse for her to pay more attention to him and less to everything else that normally pulled her away.  She intended to take full advantage of that, even if they had decided this year they wouldn’t have more.

Other than that, I’ll be happy with anything. They’d had both boys and girls and there were hardships, and easier times, with both. I just hope… I hope nothing happens this year. That they get to be the only ones. She looked down, then at her mate softly. Is that terrible? She knew, even if it was, that he would understand.

She’d loved all of the children they’d adopted as her own, but they’d come with challenges she felt she’d failed more surely than any other as a parent. None of Ibis’ had stayed long enough to call her mother, truly, and while she’d done her best she couldn’t think it was enough. And then, Ani… she didn’t like to think about it.

Chickadee gone now too, desolate from losing a sister Maia hadn’t been able to keep safe. She did not think she could stop herself if a child showed up and needed her, but it wasn’t hard to think that they might be better off finding another pack.
Messages In This Thread
Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 07, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Eljay - April 13, 2023, 08:34 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 13, 2023, 11:21 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Eljay - April 15, 2023, 03:07 PM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 25, 2023, 12:57 PM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Eljay - April 25, 2023, 02:44 PM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 25, 2023, 10:59 PM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Eljay - April 26, 2023, 04:48 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 26, 2023, 07:04 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Eljay - April 27, 2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Everybody wants an easy ride - by Maia - April 27, 2023, 09:50 PM