Moonspear i set my clocks early 'cause i know i'm always late.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn was tired enough that, if left alone, it would’ve taken him only two minutes to fall back asleep. Her touch drew him back once again, and he opened his eyes with a few bleary blinks. He didn’t have a clue what she was doing at first (or, for a brief second or two, that it was even her doing it). And even when he thought he might know, it was so unexpected that he instantly doubted the suspicion.

He lifted his head from his paws to turn to look at her. Were she able to see it, she would’ve gotten a clear view of the puzzled expression upon his face. The question of what are you doing? sat in his head, but it never came anywhere near his lips. He knew without really declaring it even to himself that this was going to be another of those things that simply happened without them really acknowledging it.

But should it?

Penn knew what he wanted. Family. Kids. Love. The sort of love he’d seen shared by his parents. The sort of love that lasted until the very end when you’d walk to a meadow together and pass into the void snuggled side by side. Penn knew without question who he wanted that future with. But he had no clue whatsoever if that was what she wanted too, and he was not going to settle for less.

It probably should’ve stopped him. But that would’ve required him to actually think it through, which he of course didn’t do. He never did. Cause fuck it.

Penn reached for her, tracing his nose along her muzzle and down her cheek before finding the soft fur of her neck.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i set my clocks early 'cause i know i'm always late. - by Penn - May 05, 2023, 11:36 PM