Redhawk Caldera the memories come and come
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,545 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia remembered him enough to know where he came from, but not nearly enough to expect what he said next. She was blindsided, and at first her mouth went dry as she stifled her immediate reaction. Courting? Marriage?

Chickadee had never mentioned it. It was impossible for her not to worry about this and for it not to sting. The space between mother and daughter felt suddenly wider, and it was maybe worse given how close by she lived. Was it her fault she hadn’t wanted to talk about it? It had to be. She was just so busy with Eljay, with Bronco, and Teya, and the kids…

She realized she hadn’t spoken and was standing there shell shocked. Sorry, I’m just… that’s great! I’m… I don’t think, well, are you sure? If this is what Chickadee wants, then of course, we’ll be happy for her. Maia replied, swallowing her feelings alongside the lump in her throat. If she loves you, I think that’s all we’d want to see.

She was Auspex now and wasn’t about to get upset about something as silly as this! Maia knew, when she told @Eljay, it would likely be a different story later. She could always be honest with him. But this was clearly important to this boy and her daughter, and she wasn’t about to do anything that could come close to messing any part of it up.
Messages In This Thread
the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 12, 2023, 12:01 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 13, 2023, 02:33 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 06:13 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 23, 2023, 09:26 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 12:57 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 28, 2023, 10:07 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 29, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - December 23, 2023, 11:23 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - December 27, 2023, 06:17 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - January 07, 2024, 12:33 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - January 10, 2024, 05:05 AM