Phoenix Maplewood lentando
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
wrapping him up, but I love Arric so much ;.; and will miss their dynamic! Ty for being a wonderful thread partner, I’m glad we’ll still have plenty of other opportunities to write together!

Despite his own emotional turmoil, Ashlar immediately felt a sudden defensiveness at the idea that Arric might feel worthless. He shook his head and looked at the other man with the first spark of intensity he’d shown in a while. You could never be worthless. Then, realizing how emotional that must have appeared, he ducked his head with a flush of embarrassment. Arric surely knew that!

Sorry. I know it’s easy to feel like that. But it’s never true, especially not for you. He could feel himself getting a little flustered, so he paused and took a moment to let it pass. If it was anyone else he wouldn’t have given himself the time but he knew Arric wouldn’t judge him for it. If Avicus was home then the other man was an old friend, someone you could spend days with and who you felt you’d known a lifetime.

Do you want to talk about it? I’d love to hear about your pack. The good and the bad. He had been gone so long, there was no reason to rush home to the Rise now. Another day wouldn’t hurt anyone.

If Arric did not mind staying, then Ashlar would spend the day with him, catching up and talking about the things that weighed on them both. It would not entirely remove the ache, but it would lighten his spirits considerably for a time. It was more than enough.
Messages In This Thread
lentando - by Ashlar - November 13, 2023, 10:47 AM
RE: lentando - by Arric - November 14, 2023, 11:41 AM
RE: lentando - by Ashlar - November 21, 2023, 11:45 AM
RE: lentando - by Arric - November 21, 2023, 12:21 PM
RE: lentando - by Ashlar - November 21, 2023, 12:38 PM
RE: lentando - by Arric - November 29, 2023, 07:51 AM
RE: lentando - by Ashlar - December 17, 2023, 11:45 AM
RE: lentando - by Arric - December 20, 2023, 01:40 PM
RE: lentando - by Ashlar - February 07, 2024, 11:25 AM