Redhawk Caldera the manuscript
Brecheliant
Raven*
393 Posts
Ooc — delaney
whatever kivaluk had thought maia had found him to talk about it hadn't been what she presented before him. he blinks at his mother-in-law a little taken aback by the offer to become a raven, despite the very valid reasons she presents to him as to why she thought he'd be a good choice.

leadership, admittedly, hadn't really been an aspiration of kivaluk's. he'd only ever wanted to be a hunter, to have a wife and settle down. he had all three of those things now, with children soon to be earthside.

and though he'd never dreamed of leadership, he supposes it was what shikoba and kukutux had been grooming him for: to one day take the rank of starhunter, would they have stayed in moonglow.

i'm very grateful for the offer, kivaluk breaks his stunned silence, realizing he needed to say something. he worries about how it'll be perceived, rising to leadership so quickly; but he feels that white knight desire to rise to duty: of lead hunter, of fatherhood. sorry, i just didn't expect anything like this, he lets out a small laugh, hoping she doesn't think he's rejecting the offer.

my skills as first hunter are your's; i accept. tucking away his own uncertainties of how he will juggle it all aside. it was the true test of a man's mettle: how he handled all the different facets of his life and perhaps it was tartok blood in him but he wasn't one to back down from a challenge.
Messages In This Thread
the manuscript - by Kivaluk - April 26, 2024, 04:19 AM
RE: the manuscript - by Maia - April 28, 2024, 06:03 PM
RE: the manuscript - by Kivaluk - April 28, 2024, 07:11 PM
RE: the manuscript - by Maia - April 29, 2024, 01:42 AM
RE: the manuscript - by Kivaluk - April 29, 2024, 04:38 AM
RE: the manuscript - by Maia - April 29, 2024, 09:45 AM
RE: the manuscript - by Kivaluk - April 29, 2024, 07:07 PM
RE: the manuscript - by Maia - May 04, 2024, 03:51 PM
RE: the manuscript - by Kivaluk - May 10, 2024, 06:09 PM
RE: the manuscript - by Maia - May 26, 2024, 11:31 AM