Redhawk Caldera heartstone
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,557 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Eljay was struggling with this too.  It made Maia both heartbroken for him and glad to not be alone.  He put words to exactly what she’d been thinking, but hadn’t been able to say.  If Teya was having a hard time, how would leaving make things better?  How would isolating herself from everyone who loved her lead to a happier life?  Maia couldn’t imagine ever being happy, separated from the family they’d made here.  Teya wasn’t like her kids, off to see and experience the world.  She’d helped them to build this place.  She was a part of it.

I thought I felt that way once, when I found out that my parents had died.  Maia released her hold on Teya and shifted closer to Eljay, silently pressing close to him as she spoke.

I left everyone behind for a little while.  I went home to see for myself what happened.  But it didn’t help.  Nothing helped, because eventually there wasn’t anything I could do for myself to feel better.  I had to let people who cared about me help me.  Maia’s voice was thick, but she managed to keep it steady.  She didn’t want to cry.  She didn’t want to guilt Teya into staying.  She just wanted her to know they were here for her.

If you need us, we are here for you.  We’re family.  We love you.  That won’t change, even if you decide to go.  We’ll still be here if you decide to come back.  Desperately she hoped this would happen.  If she did leave, that she’d realize quickly what a huge mistake it was and come home.  They couldn’t keep her here against her will; they could only leave the door open and the light on on the front porch.
Messages In This Thread
heartstone - by Teya - May 10, 2024, 08:17 AM
RE: heartstone - by Maia - May 10, 2024, 10:09 AM
RE: heartstone - by Eljay - May 11, 2024, 10:17 AM
RE: heartstone - by Teya - May 15, 2024, 10:00 AM
RE: heartstone - by Maia - May 15, 2024, 10:22 AM
RE: heartstone - by Eljay - May 17, 2024, 09:06 AM
RE: heartstone - by Teya - May 24, 2024, 03:40 PM
RE: heartstone - by Maia - May 26, 2024, 11:47 AM
RE: heartstone - by Eljay - May 27, 2024, 04:48 AM
RE: heartstone - by Teya - June 06, 2024, 05:53 PM
RE: heartstone - by Maia - June 19, 2024, 10:35 AM