Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,142 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Ah. I'm sorry to hear that, Eljay expressed with a frown as Kivaluk mentioned he hadn't been very close with his siblings.

Eljay was quite happy to have Kivaluk here; he was young and healthy, and contributed to the pack well. They needed that, with wolves like Eljay around, who were no longer able to fill similarly productive roles. Eljay smiled at the young father's devotion to his family, and said, Let's walk together. He knew he would show Kivaluk down, for his aging body was not what it used to be, but better to keep it in motion. Eljay leaned down to pick up the squirrel's tail and draped it over Kivaluk's shoulders, hoping it would stay put there while they walked.

Then, at Kivaluk's admission of being afraid to miss milestones, Eljay chuckled. He remembered feeling the same, once; but with his latest litters, he had not been so afraid. You get used to it, and you know there'll be plenty of other moments to make up for what you miss. He did not share this, however, instead sharing his understanding and sympathies: I understand that, especially when they are still so small. They grow so much every day now, and have so many milestones ahead in the weeks to come.
Messages In This Thread
RE: bury me with bourbon next to a moonshine still - by Eljay - May 27, 2024, 04:55 AM