Dragoncrest Cliffs you got a boy like him, a man like me
Sapphique
Aventurine*
THE PULSE WHEN IT RESPAWNS
637 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
it was not often sobeille approached him -- when she wanted to be in his presence, it was like a little light shining in his world. he lit up any time the children -- any of them -- wished to interact with him. but it was sobeille he had the hardest time reading.

he supposed she was a young girl, growing into her own and unfamiliar with the world around her. he imagined that was scary. he tried to remember what it was like for him, every day a new experience -- and how terrifying and exciting at once things could be.

there were parts of sobeille val could not understand, though he strained to emphasize with her. she was distant -- cold, even -- even when she was close. at times he felt the clinical sweep of her gaze over him and wondered what unknowable things she was thinking. other times, he did not wish to know.

setting aside the fish he'd wrestled from the banks of glintwater, val's cheery smile faded. this was not a question he expected, from sobeille least of all -- but he understood legacy was a thing of great importance to her.

why sobeille, no one has ever asked. he tried to keep his voice level, but felt the crunch of gravel in his throat. what do you want to know?
NEGATIVITY, WE JUST DEAD IT LIKE D-CON.
Messages In This Thread
you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Sobeille - July 11, 2024, 07:40 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - July 11, 2024, 07:48 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - July 15, 2024, 01:24 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - July 19, 2024, 09:54 AM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - August 03, 2024, 01:52 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Sobeille - August 04, 2024, 04:16 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - August 07, 2024, 12:18 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Sobeille - August 07, 2024, 01:29 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - August 08, 2024, 07:42 AM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Sobeille - August 08, 2024, 02:07 PM
RE: you got a boy like him, a man like me - by Val - August 15, 2024, 08:25 AM