Wheeling Gull Isle Two Storms
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
315 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
sights hidden to her at dusk came clearer in the morning light. racharra stops momentarily while following, only to bound up behind judah. she halts again, though, when he announces the schedule for today.

hunting for scallops? if it was just for those, then that wouldn't be too bad, she thinks foolishly. while she didn't mind the activity, she wondered the reason for it. perhaps the boy probably didn't want to be taken as a fellahin, though heat brushes against her cheeks at the thought of someone else having to bare witness to her lack-luster hunting skills. 
what if he knew all this time of her status. and he decided to tease her, to humiliate a nebet of akashingo for a quick laugh. the idea of him pulling a joke a cruel as that after saving her, though, didn't feel right. for now he has her trust as she peers over the ledge of the pool

she sees herself and him, their image rippling by the life that lies underneath it. she takes a quick glance towards judah as she inches her head closer and closer to the pool, just to make sure this is what he means before gently dipping her head in. her vision blurs under the water and seagrass tickles her cheeks, and yet the tide pool's beauty isn't lost on her.
i saw fish, and other creatures and.. things! she gasps as she pulls her head out from the pool, careful to not look at herself in her reflection — for her sake and judah's she'd rather imagine that she remained dry and beautiful. i'm not sure what they are. few organisms were things that serpent lake had, yet even the fish looked different. nothing of the lake was nearly as vibrant as this one little piece of the ocean. she dives back in, this time looking closely for shells.

[Image: 0bonbon.gif]
if only my heart were as cold as i pretend it is.
maybe i could get over this
Messages In This Thread
Two Storms - by Judah - June 12, 2024, 12:45 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Racharra - June 12, 2024, 01:16 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Judah - June 15, 2024, 02:01 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Racharra - June 15, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Judah - June 15, 2024, 04:02 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Racharra - June 15, 2024, 04:21 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Judah - June 17, 2024, 02:10 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Racharra - June 17, 2024, 02:39 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Judah - July 07, 2024, 12:58 PM
RE: Two Storms - by Racharra - July 17, 2024, 03:58 PM