Sky Mesa Warriors don't cry
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Machi walked beside Safiya in silence. He had let her set the pace, his usual chatter held at bay. He could feel the weight of her thoughts in the air between them, but he respected his small friend's unspoken need for space, allowing the stillness to stretch as long as she needed. But when she turned toward him, a quiet sniff betraying the emotions she tried to contain, something stirred within him—an ache that knotted itself deep in his chest.

Setting the bags down gently, he lowered himself into a crouch, bringing his eyes level with hers. His expression softened as he studied her face, the way her brows knit together in confusion, and the edges of her eyes burned red.

Safiya, darling, he began, his voice low and steady. He searched her gaze, his own filled with quiet reassurance. You have done nothing wrong. He let the words linger, hoping they might find a place to settle in her heart.

Not a single thing, understand? You are not being punished. His voice grew firmer now, but not harsh, as he repeated himself, making sure the words took root. Your father is doing what he can to protect you, alright?

You have been kind, and good. he added softly, the edges of his voice tinged with anger that simmered beneath the surface—none of which was aimed at her. It was not her fault that her pure-hearted innocence had been taken advantage of.

He paused, his eyes never leaving hers, letting his words sink in before speaking once more, quieter now, but no less resolute. It is not your fault.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Warriors don't cry - by Safiya - September 10, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: Warriors don't cry - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 05:14 PM
RE: Warriors don't cry - by Safiya - September 12, 2024, 02:03 PM
RE: Warriors don't cry - by Machiavelli - September 13, 2024, 05:22 PM