Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,160 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Towhee hadn't changed a bit. Or rather... Not very much. At the very least not in personality. She was sassy as always, a thing that others probably loved about her, but that Eljay had always found difficult to navigate. He never knew when she was joking or not... Though she was probably joking when she suggested maybe she would not live from having a leaf blown in her eye. Well, that was good, he supposed. At least she wasn't hurt.

Her directness was another thing Eljay struggled with. He valued honesty, but Towhee had always pressured subjects that she wanted to know about. The same went for this one. She pressed on why he had come here. Eljay shuffled his weight between his front paws, and answered, I thought I would go visit Wiffle— um, Wildfire's grave, and my parents', before — Well — He paused a moment, seconds slowly ticking away. — Winter makes it too hard. He left the real reason — the real fear, of being unable to make the journey after next winter — hanging. It didn't matter. She didn't need to know. There was something about Towhee that brought Eljay back to his insecure youth. He hadn't felt this way in a long time, but seeing this ghost from his past brought him right back there. The weirdest thing was that it wasn't even all bad; a part of him was also grateful that he got to see Towhee again, even if he didn't know how to navigate a conversation with her.
Messages In This Thread
so you found another way - by Eljay - September 27, 2024, 04:23 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Towhee - September 27, 2024, 11:53 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Eljay - October 02, 2024, 06:07 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Towhee - October 02, 2024, 10:31 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Eljay - Yesterday, 06:36 AM