Moonspear The truth of the matter
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She listened, first nodding to the note about Ragnar then with more keened interest, the notion of midwifery. Ame's expression had furrowed up some. She could recognize the practical appeal of having one in the pack, even if the demand was low. However, she was not well-versed on the topic in any way -- from pregnancy to birthing puppies, so she tended to keep herself a respectful distance from it and any opinions to her own (not that she had many of them). "Then it seems to be a.. ah, delicate subject. No wonder no pack I have been in has had one," she mentioned. It required a specific sort of knowledge and one not readily practiced.. "Although useful when the time calls for it." She thought briefly of her mother then, wondering if perhaps a midwife could have helped when times had been difficult for her. That was Amekaze's only real up-close interaction with the matter of new life, so it seemed natural to think of it then.

From there, it was good Thistle's stocks were.. well, stocked. Amekaze took satisfaction from knowing this now, and felt a significantly diminished sense of loss for the small stockpiles she had left behind on the Spire. Not that they had been much, though. "I am well aware of the risks," she breathed, ears angling back as she did. The dangers were understood, and she'd always proceeded with the appropriate consideration. It was not like she'd ever administered anything unknown to anyone before or done anything entirely too reckless. In moderation and with tiny steps, she'd learned a bit. "On the Spire, we had several aspiring medics come and go. Often, I was left with whatever stockpiles they had made or expanded my knowledge with them before they went. I knew.. bits about some types of plants from my homeland. Growing up in tumultuous times, you can't help but learn what stops bleeding the fastest." She'd picked up other facts too, such as from her experimental mother and the wolf hunting psychedelics in the swamps, but she didn't mention this.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
The truth of the matter - by Thistle Cloud - December 13, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Amekaze - December 13, 2015, 07:05 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Thistle Cloud - December 13, 2015, 07:13 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Amekaze - December 13, 2015, 07:30 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Thistle Cloud - December 13, 2015, 07:37 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Amekaze - December 13, 2015, 08:22 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Thistle Cloud - December 13, 2015, 08:36 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Amekaze - December 13, 2015, 09:32 PM
RE: The truth of the matter - by Thistle Cloud - December 13, 2015, 09:55 PM