Silvertip Mountain You may feel a slight sawing
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I'll tie it up here :)

Olive felt her skin prickle as the wolf explain she had sustained herself at the expense of the family. Was helping another not something they approved of? A small, Olive had truly not taken too much from their hunting grounds - plus, as far as Olive was concerned, the contents of a hunting ground that wasn’t part of an official territory was up for grabs. 

Olive felt cheated that this ominous female was compelled to control her own destiny and her own choices - was that not the entire point for maintaining a lone existence? What was a life without freedom? Olive knew, deep down in her most intuitive of instincts, that there were many cons to living life as a loner (the security of a more safer existence, for one). However, those paled in comparison to Olive’s desires to follow her heart… wherever that may lead her.

But, honestly, if this wolf (who thought of herself as an enforcer, which Olive felt was a very fitting title with appropriate responsibilities) truly felt responsible for this unmarked area and its resources then Olive would accept her choice of punishment. Furiosa was a big, bad wolf - but even the biggest and baddest of wolves had their roles in this world, and hers was to maintain order.

Olive pondered: Was joining a pack and gaining a family truly a punishment? The word Teaghlaigh clearly held a deep meaning and the shewolf in front of her spoke the word with an air of importance and pride. She felt responsible for her associates, it was clear. Though she was brash and intimidating, Olive respected that.

“Quite an interesting proposition for a wolf’s who name is a mystery to me - I appreciate the options.” Olive spoke brightly, but she wondered if she really would act upon the latter suggestion. The strange wolf had drawn herself up in an act of confidence, but there was no sign that she would truly hurt Olive.  However, Olive needed to know more before making a choice. A small part of her imagined that a beating was a small price to pay for her liberated lifestyle. 

“I would be remiss to pledge my life to a family that I know nothing about. I ask for nothing but the blessing of meeting your leader before giving my final answer."  And with that, the two exited the unnamed woman's territory and headed toward's Olive's future.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
You may feel a slight sawing - by Furiosa - October 06, 2016, 02:10 AM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Olive - October 07, 2016, 12:15 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Furiosa - October 07, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Olive - October 07, 2016, 09:26 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Furiosa - October 11, 2016, 09:05 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Olive - October 12, 2016, 01:35 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Furiosa - October 19, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: You may feel a slight sawing - by Olive - October 21, 2016, 04:37 PM