Moonspear i want to know how it tastes
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
casually reposting this (with minor edits lol) for present date bc idc and i need fresh threads
Now with the puppies growing more capable by the day, sometimes she let them trail her along while she did her duties, sometimes she didn't. But, there was no questioning it: they were getting bolder, learning more, adapting, growing bigger, and with appetites to match all this progress. Her own hunger was not far behind with the winter wanting to keep her busy as well. She did not want to waste any opportunity she could to hunt. Today's preference was perhaps a bit unseasonal: fishing.

Soon, it'd be far too cold for it.. The waters were already much colder than she actually preferred (barely above freezing thanks to their subtle current), but she skimmed the edge of a creekside doggedly for a plentiful spot to suit her wants. For now, she was staying out of the water only barely. Nothing had caught her eye yet. Until, yes, suddenly it did.

She changed her course quick, precise, and fast to move from observer to a spear-point. The water splashed and the silvered streak was almost lost, just as the rock underfoot shifted at her weight. So, not her most graceful of catches. But, dammit, she wasn't letting go and snapped in double-time until she felt scaled flesh give way beneath her teeth.

Reeling back she ate away at it before she bothered to identify it, feeling her skin prickle with the chill (the overcast skies and no sun didn't help any). It was food, and this first prize was hers. She had not yet really offered fish to her girls, and knowing they could inherit their father's preferences, she wondered if they'd dislike it like he did. Regardless, now, she could prowl with a clearer head and hopefully continued success. She shook her fur, still damp, and moved upstream, alternating between perusing for terrestrial and aquatic prey alike with a hawkish countenance.
Messages In This Thread
i want to know how it tastes - by Amekaze - December 08, 2016, 05:33 PM
RE: i want to know how it tastes - by Aurelius - December 11, 2016, 04:51 PM
RE: i want to know how it tastes - by Amekaze - December 18, 2016, 04:26 AM
RE: i want to know how it tastes - by Aurelius - December 19, 2016, 10:40 AM
RE: i want to know how it tastes - by Amekaze - December 26, 2016, 01:59 AM