Moonspear fade left, fade right, fade out completely
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The waif was not kept waiting long. The image of her knight — Could she call him that? Did she care? —  coalesced in front of her moonshine eyes. He was a vision; something that was once hers was now held at arms length [and on her own volition], and every day it threatened to wring her out and empty the shewolf of all the purpose the stars had instilled within her. She looked upon him, the druid felt the familiar sensation simmer in her belly and rise hot in her throat. She couldn’t remember why she left him; when facing, she never could recall her divinations when facing his penetrating and stern visage. Olive craved the man, mind, body and soul.

If she could not touch him, at least she could see him. talk to him. love him from a far, and remain discrete. And he was there, offering his support to his estranged lover and their growing children — something that not many others would do. She wanted to thank him, but did not know how.

So Olive prayed to the gods and took care of their children, hoping that would be enough to repay his kindnesses. Time had passed and her milk had since dried up and stomach one again tucked up against the gamine curve of her spine. Then more time had passed, two months to be exact, and under their combined tutelage the gamboling infants evolve into gangly legged toddlers. They were exploring on their own, as the babes had endured several lessons about pack hood politesse and the parents were fairly certain they would not meet death at the behest of the cerberus or it’s parents. Their two children thrived, but often Olive’s thoughts returned to the cub who did not thrive with them.

Or maybe Sirius did thrive under Isley’s care? The mother wouldn’t know, no matter how long she stared at the boy's namesake constellation. 

She hadn’t seen the boy in two month — Dakarai neither — and she did not know what to expect from their impending meeting. ”Yes,” she confirmed when Dakara’s clairvoyance read her like a book. He must have been keeping count of the moons, too. She took a step forward, baited by the comfort of his familiarity. The emotions still sat in her throat, not being spoken, but felt in their entirety; but she could not feign in front of him. Dakarai saw her truth without trying. Olive took a breath and let out a demure cry, as small as if it had been uttered by a mouse. “Oh!” Her nose pointed down towards the ground in front of her, but her eyes looked up at the man with whom she shared a family. “What if he does not know us?”

“What if he hates us?”

Olive blinked back tears; she was a passionate woman and emotions ran strong within her, but it was no longer Dakarai’s position to soothe her when melancholy struck. No, she gave that up when she  and she would not tempt herself — but there were things that still needed to be shared. “We left him… in the hands of our enemies.” Her thoughts flashed back to Arturo, Lotte, Chusi… Olive wondered who would accompany Sirius to the rendezvous site, and even though she did not wish to encounter any of her family, Olive’s heart called out for it deeply. “I want to see him, so badly… but I don’t know if I can face him. I don’t know if I’ll be able to leave him again.” 

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: fade left, fade right, fade out completely - by Olive - May 25, 2017, 09:11 PM