Panther Park you said it feels good, i said i’ll give it a try
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was distracted, nursing her innocuous [yet stinging!] wound, and barely knew the raptor was there. It sailed down silently, more silently than Olive could ever hope to be, and in a flash of feathers — reaped her reward. In that moment of silent attack, the feathered creature was impossible to ignore. 

Standing in shock, Olive’s jade gaze supervened the form flitting up to a nearby bough and settling down. The shewolf was familiar with these folk, as she was a creature of their communal forest and did not deign to believe that lupine life was the only matter of intelligence here. Olive communed with birds often — more in her past than she did now, as before she had been accompanied by her father and non-wolf beings always seemed to hold him in high regard — but she always appreciated their keen perspective. Birds always had a good story to tell, or a parable to share.

The creature asked if she were alright and the druid glanced down at her paw; it was fine, but the small amount of blood that resulted dotted the snow with a cardinal red. Olive sighed, nodding her head in slow affirmation. Oh, I have always been jealous of those with wings… The lamb’s voice was light and wishful, as this was very much the truth! Olive had a wanders spirit, meant to live and be experienced in multiple dimensions! But, instead, she was stuck on the earth, upon these four pointed limbs, and the only direction she could ever move in was down. Olive could not help but sound somewhat forlorn. You make it look so easy. Hunting, which took so much effort from Olive, was something the bird accomplish so easily! The woman tried to ignore that fact that there was a corpse near them — mostly for the fact that she had, unwillingly and unwittingly, tried to hunt it herself and failed — but death always made her uncomfortable. 

I am no good at it…       
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: you said it feels good, i said i’ll give it a try - by Olive - February 07, 2018, 12:46 PM