The Sunspire i would love to get to know you and sit you down to talk about our little lives
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The sylph was roused by a gentle noise — Olive had been half awake anyways, drifting lazily across the line of wakefulness and unconsciousness, and was aware of Rannoch’s scent before he had made any sort of announcement. With this pregnancy, her olfactory senses had become nothing more that outstanding, both to her delight and her detriment. The flowers in her garden, which bloomed steadily with Spring’s vivacious energy, smelled absolutely delicious; yet flesh often smelled of death and decay. She ate it anyways, despite the loss of life it represented. 

So when Olive then scented the rabbit Rannoch had brought with him, her mind was revolted but her stomach cried out — or, rather, the babies within her belly cried out. They were so active nowadays, and were so sensitive and intuitively connected to their mother, that any fluctuation within her was also reflected within her babies as well. It was how she knew to ingest flesh, not because her own body desired it, but because her growing clutch needed it to fully develop. They spoke to her just as the stars and the gods spoke to her; less in actual words, and more with a distinct sensation.

The mother to be stirred because she wanted the food, but because she also wanted the opportunity to speak with her alpha. Olive smiled a sleepy smile, bobbed her head in greeting [it was about as formal as her condition allowed her to be] and shifted her weight to lean up on a still-thin elbow. She didn’t want to assume the slain hare was for her, but she felt pretty confident making that assumption anyways.
“Oh, Rannoch, thank you…” she sang softly, beckoning him forward and wishing to engage further.

Although, the woman did not delay in displaying her gratitude once more. Perhaps Rannoch would one day get sick of her weird sense of dignified groveling, but she would never stop offering it to him.
”I want you to know something,” she started, pausing only as a puppy pressed it little paws into her ribs, then continued. “When I first saw you again — and Terance — and you welcomed me into Sunspire, I did not know about… this….” the ashen woman figured he would know what she was referencing, but if he needed clarification, it was her gravid state of affairs.

“It must have just happened.” She explained rather shortly, not sure if she wanted to go into intimate details of her sex life with her leader. If Olive’s memory served her correctly, she was only a few days out of her season when encountered the two ex-moonspearians in that cavern. Though the resulting pregnancy could have been inferred by the prior days’ activities, Olive had been simply to distracted to think of her consequences [or, as she chose to view it, god-given blessings]. She was still at fault for joining Sunspire under false pretenses, but it was not done out of malice or greed. 

Her expression turned rather serious for a moment, leveling with Rannoch, wolf to wolf.
“I don’t know where I would be with out Sunspire’s generosity.” The druid did know — her babies certainly wouldn’t have survived. Perhaps she wouldn’t have either, trying to provide for them. It was possible that another pack might have found her and let her in, but it was unlikely; Olive was half convinced that the only reason Rannoch allowed her to stay was because they had been fellow pack members once before, and that happenstance didn’t happen often —  but, of course, everything happened for a divine reason. She trusted in it. “I know Seabreeze feels the same.” she tacked on, knowing full and well that she was not the only recipient of Rannoch and Liffey’s philanthropy. Since the seafoam fae and Olive had become much closer in their passions for midwifery, the druid felt safe speaking on her behalf.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams