Heron Lake Plateau So there's this puzzle I work on endlessly
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
His chest still hurt but at least he could breathe now, and he concentrated for a bit to do that. When his pulse had resumed a more normal pace he nodded, slowly, awkwardly, and tried to push her off of him. Screech didn't know what the hell that attack had been side from sheer panic (which he was still feeling) and he couldn't do much to alleviate it — talking about it wouldn't work too well. It wasn't like he wanted Niamh to know where his naughty bits had been. Still, she would no doubt inquire to some kind of explanation.

As the boy lurched and got to his feet (and stood there with a bit of a sway), he came up with a fast explanation: Sorry, I — I dunno what that was. I thought you were kidding at first but — I dunno, I thought it was so funny to think of Raven as a — a mum, he swallowed a lump in his throat as the words slid thickly from his tongue like rotten molasses, trying not to gag on the very idea of being a dad or Raven -- and kids -- he felt his pulse begin to race again and had to turn away, feigning a small coughing fit that fit in with the rest of his episode.

He had to think fast to get out of this. Are you sure Quixote is the — the — y'know, dad? He asked carefully, and then turned to face Niamh with a look that wasn't exactly guilty, but more... Cautious. Like he knew something he shouldn't. It wasn't right to throw Raven under the proverbial bus, but Screech was looking out for himself in these moments. We.. y'know I really shouldn't say anything, I can't... Raven's my sister, he was far more composed now and hoped his leading comments would bait Niamh in to asking some questions; in the mean time, his vague comments would buy him some time to come up with a good lie.
Messages In This Thread
RE: So there's this puzzle I work on endlessly - by Titmouse (Ghost) - May 26, 2018, 06:16 PM