Duskfire Glacier in spite of the uneven odds, beauty lifts from the earth
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
No worries! :)
The air was cold, she knew, but her ears burned and she flustered beneath his smile. There was something pointedly dreadful in the thought of dancing alone before her friend, and yet, something that made her want to simply recapture the rhythm and continue her step for him. Yet all she found herself able to do was tip her muzzle while a shy smile wreathed about the edges of her mouth. Siarut turned to study skyward, but she stayed her gaze on him. The lights danced their way to paint the canvas of his fur.

She smiled. "Her name was Nanurjuk," she offered, and with this tipped her head to watch the sky. "My anaanatsiaq. She told me she learned it from the lights." And she remembered how Nanurjuk would often spend nights staring heavenward, whispering and shifting as if discerning some deep complexity of the cosmos, only to emerge from her studies a few nights later with the outcome of her findings: a new step, a new turn, an unexpected tap in a dance that always seemed to be changing with the shifting of the lights.

It was made for many dancers, and Nanook missed the energy she had felt as she and Nanurjuk had leapt and twined around each other, mimicking the hues as much as the rhythm of the dance. For a very long time, she had turned through the steps alone. But now, with a pack behind her, and a friend before her - one she felt a strange comfort and uncertainty toward, she  found herself thinking, wondering aloud... "Do you... dance, Siarut?" And she awaited a no.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread