Hideaway Strath he walks the field at night
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
thank you so much! ^-^

our father's omen, she offers him in return for his own name, though the pathfinder wouldn't have been offended if she'd have pulled his long overused trick and didn't speak her's at all. her name sounds less like a name to him than his own chosen one. talvella was 'winterbane's translation in tundrian which could pass more for a name ...he'd take it when he was ready to take something more fluent sounding than the harsh syllables of common tongue for the nickname affectionately given to him by his mother ( alongside spleenbane but he wasn't going to call himself that ). for now, 'wintersbane' did exactly what he needed it to do. but her name? her name sounded more like a curse uttered at the height of the witching hour and it causes a small, subtle frown to tug at the corners of his lips as he contemplates it. he does not look at her and see an omen. not in the slightest.

"is that what you like to be called? omen?" the tundrian asks, with a small bird-like cant of his head. if it's the name she wishes him to use then he will, of course, but he, who changes name as if it is a cobra's skin so easily shed feels strongly that names should be one's own reflection. the young pathfinder draws in a soft breath and lets it out deciding to give voice to his inner contemplations. "talvella is a rough translation of 'wintersbane' in tundrian — my mother's native language," he explains, without prompt. "it flows sweeter off the tongue and someday, when i'm ready, i will take it as my name." which is, technically, the exact same name just in a different language but that wasn't the point he was attempting to make. "ah, my point is, i feel that we should give ourselves names that we like, or names that fit us." and as someone who's been doing that his whole life this doesn't strike him as odd or unorthodox behavior ( though he might be in the minority on that, admittedly ). "besides," wintersbane draws upon a deep breath. "you don't look or seem like an omen to me." he finishes in a soft, hushed tone. if he is hesitant it is only because he does not mean to insult her ...especially if she doesn't mind being called by her given name, or rather, the shorter variation of it; though if the fact that she looked away from him is of any indication he'd wager a bet that she didn't, in fact, like it.
Messages In This Thread
he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - July 29, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by Omen - August 03, 2018, 02:57 PM
RE: he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - August 04, 2018, 04:24 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by Omen - August 14, 2018, 10:47 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - August 15, 2018, 04:02 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by Omen - August 15, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - August 16, 2018, 04:25 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by Omen - August 16, 2018, 09:05 AM
RE: he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - August 16, 2018, 02:13 PM
RE: he walks the field at night - by Omen - August 18, 2018, 02:41 PM
RE: he walks the field at night - by RIP Wintersbane - August 19, 2018, 05:07 AM