The Sunspire destiny and fortune
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Private 

It was becoming harder and harder to ignore the developing facts. Food was no longer easy to find.

Whereas it once simply appeared in plentitude in the caches nearby the mothers’s den, their stores were now becoming emptied. Though Olive found it easy to subsist upon plants and foliage, she knew others did not, and in order to secure her place amongst the pack, the druid contributed her feeble efforts towards the pack’s hunting endeavors. She had to extend her sights beyond the confines of Sunspire and voyage miles away from their borders in order to find the first available far. The mother, who was reluctant to leave the children alone for even a moment [she knew what kind of horrors could manifest in even just a moment] found the sacrifice growing too much to bear.

Fool me twice, shame on me…

The shrouded seraph knew that her sister, the ethereal Seabreeze, felt the same. They talked about it often, especially in the wake of little Ibis’s attack. Olive found herself spooked — she knew she must leave this place, and her late nights of readings of the stars confirmed just that. The omens were much too great, and the druid knew she must heed their warnings before they became deafening; ruinous. With many of the finer details of their departure squared away, the pair knew that the time of their ultimate departure was becoming nigh.

It was time to speak to Rannoch.

The two sylphs milled about the densite, a nervous energy buzzing around their movements. Surely their alpha would return soon to visit his wife and his own children, and what else could they issue him except for an apology and a plea for understanding? It was a conversation Olive was particularly not eager to have, and to ameliorate a feeling that felt a lot like guilt, she chewed upon a knot of a tree’s roots and waited with her beloved.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 06, 2018, 06:11 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Seabreeze - August 12, 2018, 12:00 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 15, 2018, 11:38 AM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 16, 2018, 03:17 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Seabreeze - August 18, 2018, 11:13 AM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 19, 2018, 01:50 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 22, 2018, 10:56 AM