Stone Circle turn your head towards the storm that's surely coming along
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
o: !! do we want a post order following, or rounds? i can do whatever the people want

up until her howl, indra had remained silent and on guard. with laurel and xan besides her (wholly aware of the tension between them) despite the fact they were a small brigade traveling into somewhat foreign land, indra was not scared. the puppies needed it - they needed the enrichment, the social growth -- if they were limited to interactions inside their pack only, they would stagnate and never grow at all.

indra hung close to her children, both biological and adopted; and she kept a sharp eye on laurel's brood, having immense fondness for them. the first to come to great them was a mountain of a wolf -- his stature greater even than xan's, though indra would never articulate it. she steeled herself from shrinking back, though the kindness of his gaze and the devotion in his sunfire eyes spoke of a fondness of children that was benign and hopeful. as he addressed her, indra wished to speak, but xan spoke for her -- dipping her head carefully, indra mustered a smile before bumping nunataq in reassurance, having caught her unsure gaze.

before indra could offer much more in dialogue, merrick had boldly spoke; she winced to hear his words - they were inquisitive but rashly placed, for he was a babe ungroomed by societal customs. her ears splayed in apology, and she swept her gaze to greyback meaningfully as she placed a paw around her mouthy babe, and pulled him towards her. before she could utter apology or explanation xan's sister arrived; indra glanced to laurel once as if to exchange silent surprise; for the female, other than her lordly carriage, resembled xan very little.

"a family visit - " indra found her voice then, affirming with a polite nod-- "i'm indra, xan's beta -- this is laurel -- " she motioned towards her sister then with a paw, though she did grapple a moment with the proper introduction -- "the alpha female alongside xan. these are our children;" indra stepped back with pride, looking upon all of the puppies present with immense fondness. "this is lucas, of laurel and xan's get --" she motioned towards the cheery cub, and then turned to wyatt; "and wyatt, his brother..." a pause was given then, as indra's gaze stayed affectionately on the resilient and dark dub. "this is nunataq, my bright little dove --" she canted her muzzle in her perpetually-energetic adoptive child's direction .... "and this mouthy child is merrick." a soft lick was placed on his head, and then indra looked to valette humbly: "it was time, i think, that they met their family outside of the vale."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: turn your head towards the storm that's surely coming along - by Indra - August 15, 2018, 08:00 PM