Broken Boulder i believe in symmetry
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive’s inquiry had been referring to the disease that had claimed the boulder’s newest [and now, recent past] residents, and she had not been aware of the chord it struck within the other. There was a momentary discomfort that registered upon Delight’s visage — one that which, at any other time in her life, the empath might had noticed — but with so much happening, this particular one went undetected. Instead, Olive focused on the topic that resonated ever-so strongly within her psyche: deadbeat co-parents. 

The woman unleashed a knowing huff, seemingly of disapproval.
"I once had a husband who would do that,”  she commented. “He would always bring chaos with him.”    For a moment, the thought flashed across her mind that Dakarai was long overdue for a visit, and wondered how he would accidentally stumble across them this time, after she and her kin had continually wandered so far from Sunspire — but then the memory struck her that these occurrences would be no more. The dark night was dead, and her family’s life was better for it. The woman delicately bit her lip and the memory which had since buried itself.

She drew in a deep breath, and spoke her honest truth.
“After they leave the first time, the kindest thing that they can do is stay gone.”    Olive would always miss the man for who he was, and not what he became. Dakarai’s love had felt so sweet, but not for what it cost her. Seabreeze’s love felt just as sweet, and did not come with so many strings. Instead of breaking her down, Seabreeze built her up and made her new. Perhaps that’s what had happened with Delight and his family and Alarian. Poor Delight. His poor children. Their poor mother, who would miss out on the lives of those she bore. 

Her jade gaze dropped to the earth beneath her feet at the mention of the past month’s events. It had been a strange thing, but Olive had become used to know ever knowing that she could never predict what the universe might throw at her next.
“We cannot control the things that happen — we can only navigate the circumstances and ask for the gods’ grace. All things considered, we are doing well… ”  the woman said sincerely. Fuck, was that insensitive? “but we must mourn those we have lost.”   Then she lifted her gaze, almost pleadingly, as if to say these are your people… You knew them better than I ever could. How can we best honor them? 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 03, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 06, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 09, 2018, 02:14 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 16, 2018, 09:40 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 02, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - November 03, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 05, 2018, 08:14 PM