Broken Boulder i believe in symmetry
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The shrouded sylph strode a step closer to Delight, then another, for she could feel the rich sadness that emanated from him and wished to soothe it somehow — but she was not the tried and true counselor that Seabreeze was, nor the intrepid problem-solver that Lily was. She was simply Olive, and had very few things to offer, but what she did have to share were hers alone. There was a sense of responsibility attached to it too, that it was the purpose of her life to share these ideas and proselytize for peace and balance.

The slight, fair woman reached out and touched Delight’s check with her nose — they were pack members now, which Olive assumed afforded her the luxury of touch — and let her soft gaze fall upon his own silvered pools.
“Mourning does not need to be a sad occasion,” she advised. The things that happened to them were facts, unmoving and unchanging and standing staunch. It was their reactions to these things that could be controlled, and should be controlled, lest it control them.  “They are all with the gods now,” the shakti woman consoled — and cajoled. “They do not know pain or sadness or avarice. No longer are they victims of this existence’s…. greed.”

Since she had Delight’s willing ear, she continued. “We all have this heaven awaiting us. You and me and all wolves alive, good souls as well as bad. We all will find elysium.”   

Elysium.

Olive’s heart fluttered with vibrations of her own meaning. That’s what she told herself late at night, when the souls of Sirius and Seelie and Dakarai and Oaxaca and all of Teaghlaigh weighed heavily upon her consciousness. She would surely see them again one day, when her own time upon the earth had come to a close.
“Do you pray?”   she questioned, still quite eerily close in proximity to Delight. “I find that…”   she inhaled lightly. “…I find that it helps; with everything.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 03, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 06, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 09, 2018, 02:14 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 16, 2018, 09:40 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 02, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - November 03, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 05, 2018, 08:14 PM