Broken Boulder i believe in symmetry
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive liked to think that, if she had met Mato, she would have liked him. Olive had only heard about Mato in passing from Seabreeze but did not know much about him; knew he was the leader of their old pack, but did not know the significant profile he had in everyone’s memories — and she certainly did not know their striking similarities, or the fact that Olive might have even loved the man too. There was a lot that Olive did not know, and perhaps it was a shame that she didn’t.

The sylph was pleased when Delight didn’t pull away, as she had always a thing about closeness and physical touch and a strong belief that it was very healing. She loved to cuddle — her cubs, Seabreeze… and, well, that was about it — and though she wasn’t about to necessarily cuddle Delight [unless he wanted to. consent is important!] it was nice to know that he found a similar comfort in their nearness to one another. While Olive did nurture a certain appreciation for almost every wolf who crossed her path, at the moment being, Delight held quite a high regard in her eyes. He had been a, dare I say, delightful facet of Seabreeze’s connection to the sanctuary.

Olive allowed her voice to rise, to give his concession [of worrying about his soul’s bad-ness] the context of a light matter, which it really was.
“Of course your soul isn’t bad,”she tittered. “Nobody is inherently bad.” The woman tilted her head towards him, as if to say you’re so silly! but it really wasn’t silly. Olive encountered far too many wolves in these lands who believed too strongly in their own badness, or embraced their shadow selves as a crutch. It was all illusion, of course, but it had very real impact on the wolves who felt it.  “Oh, I don’t know much, but that I know for certain.”

She backpedaled a pace or two, allowing herself to lift her gaze and look Delight in the eye, now that the serious part, about the nature of wolves, was over. “Prayer isn’t for everyone. Anything that sets your soul on fire is just as good.” Her lips twisted into a smile. “What do you enjoy?” It could be another being, a feeling a place, an activity — others’ response to this vague question always amused her. The sylph loved to see where they would take it.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 03, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 06, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 09, 2018, 02:14 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 16, 2018, 09:40 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 02, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - November 03, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 05, 2018, 08:14 PM