Blacktail Deer Plateau And to be awake is for us to think
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Thank you," Rue replied with a nod. She turned over her shoulder and added with a smile, "Don't let me slow you down." They could certainly walk while they talked, continuing to mark the border along the way. With Rue's rise in rank, she ought to be adding more of her own scent to territory markers anyway. She'd had little time to do so in recent weeks, what with all of her scouting. 

As they moved forward, Rue took a deep breath. "I was hoping I could trouble you to teach some.. some self defense strategies," she started, unsure of how to continue or put the particular problem delicately. "Like.. I can hold my own in a normal fight, more or less, but specifically..." Rue's voice faltered, and she continued on a few paces before attemping to speak again.

"Specifically, I could use some strategies for defending myself when attacked from.. from behind." Rue kept her eyes trained on the path ahead, unwilling to chance meeting the man's gaze. Her cheeks burned under her sandy-colored fur, and she dearly hoped he wouldn't require a more thourough explanation of what she meant by "attacked from behind."

"It's a lesson that would interest many females, I think, especially with all that comes with-- with the winter months." For all her rise in station Rue was still little more than a girl, and she might die if she actually had to say the word "heat" out loud to a male.

"..I thought it could be the subject of a class, maybe." Practicing the moves with other females would be a necessary first step with Rue, who knew herself well enough to know that she would probably freeze up if a male approached her from behind, even during a staged match. She needed to learn the techniques by muscle memory first... before an actual male "attacker" was introduced.
Messages In This Thread
And to be awake is for us to think - by RIP Kavik - November 07, 2018, 06:11 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by Ruenna - November 10, 2018, 02:33 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by RIP Kavik - November 12, 2018, 02:56 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by Ruenna - November 12, 2018, 03:50 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by RIP Kavik - November 12, 2018, 06:40 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by Ruenna - November 15, 2018, 12:38 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by RIP Kavik - November 21, 2018, 03:11 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by Ruenna - November 25, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2018, 05:55 PM
RE: And to be awake is for us to think - by Ruenna - November 27, 2018, 11:18 AM