Blackfeather Woods i fear no evil; the shadow is mine and so is the valley
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Private 
「 wispmother's grotto 」· Your Secrets Lie in My Heart · @Flicker

wintersbane does not spend prolonged periods of time in wispmother's grotto. he ventures through the sub-territory when it's beneficial to cut through it but he never stays. mostly because there is always something for him to do and the tundrian is not an idle beast. he checks food caches though he's never fancied himself much of a hunter. he can hunt, of course; could survive on his own if he needed to but he's never sought to make it a profession. he patrols the borders and ventures out to keep an eye on things. knowledge is power and he collects it in a manner similar to a dragon collecting gold. he does not want any surprises. he wants to know the going-on's and how, if at all, it could impact blackfeather woods. he stays busy and admiring territories is never much of a priority.

and he is far too on edge since the whole fire and redhawk fiasco to take such time for luxuries.

being on constant alert is exhaustive at times and he knows he must rest. he finds the wispmother's grotto to be a peaceful place ...and he is drawn to it because it reminds him of mephala. he cannot say why; it's just something he feels in his bones. a lift of the left corner of his lips is given as he watches the pale blue wisps as the mist clears for him, parting like the red sea and thinning until he reaches the heart of the grotto where it dissipates entirely. he chooses a bedding of soft, plush moss not covered by snow and frost and stretches out on it. a few stolen moments of respite is all he looks for and all he needs — still so young and full of vigor and vitality — before he'll be ready to continue about his self-given tasks of the day.

313 words
Messages In This Thread