The Heartwood play me like a violin
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
<3

Incorrect - she was not the only living creature to stalk within the depths of the heartwood.

The reaper had only been witness to her careful steps for a brief few seconds, though it had sparked something untold in his chest, a reawakening; it was only she who could tempt such tingles to occur at the base of his spine, clambering up through his bones like drizzles of liquid lightning. He had anticipated their reunion, though it would be a lie to suggest that he had predicted it so soon after their last, and he could recall every detail of that dangerous game with the sharp precision of a painter with a photographic memory.

The woods were draped in monochrome hues, still and silent. Even his own breaths reached up to lick at his nose, misted clouds billowing into the wintry air around him - it was sullen and lifeless here, and in the solemn realm of death he stuck his claim. Aries did not intend to rise as the king of the heartwood, or anything as such, but for now while he wandered, this was his domain. Everything she touched - his. And by enroaching upon this desolate, crestfallen land, she too became his. Her ghostly pelt blended with the stark white of the snow, and she drifted through with the unspoken grace of a faerie, a sylph, to bless his hungry eyes. He felt his heart thudder in his chest, as though thundering in impatient desire to fall from his watchtower and stalk toward the nameless wanderer.

He followed her.

It would not be long before her eyes trailed the horizon, sought relief from the sharp focus of an unknown stare - she would feel it trickle down her neck, like the frost-laden breath of a slithering ice dragon, who's claws raked the snow and across her body with a malevolent rush of deadly silence. Oh, he had not lied to her! Their game was far from over, and still he had yet to discover what exactly he desired from her.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Messages In This Thread
play me like a violin - by Tundra - December 07, 2018, 05:49 PM
RE: play me like a violin - by Aries - December 08, 2018, 10:47 AM
RE: play me like a violin - by Tundra - December 11, 2018, 09:47 AM
RE: play me like a violin - by Aries - December 21, 2018, 12:47 PM