Hushed Willows [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Much to Rue's delight, she was allowed a small piece of Soltero's history to savor, although it only served to redouble her curiosity. What an exciting childhood Soltero must have led! He had likely seen more of the world during his puphood than Rue had seen in her entire life.

But Rue wondered, perhaps, if such an existence was too exciting for a child? There seemed to be an air of sadness in Soltero's recollection, but Rue couldn't quite put a paw on the feeling's origin. She remembered feeling quite unsettled during her homeless months, before she had come to live in Blacktail Deer Plateau. With some more thought, Rue decided that despite her unfullfilled wanderlust, the stability of pack life had probably been best for her when she was younger. She was unsure of how well her younger self would have managed the constant change and the ever-present apprehension which typified life as a lone wolf. 

"She sounds like an incredibly strong wolf," Rue said of Soltero's mother, admiring such independence. Rue could not imagine being capable of raising a child in such conditions. It did not escape Rue that Soltero spoke of his mother's companionship in the past tense, implying that she was no longer around. Naturally Rue wondered where the woman was now, and what had occurred to keep her apart from her child with whom, from the sound of things, she had been very close. Rue hoped these were questions that would be answered with time, should she be lucky enough to spend more of that in Soltero's company. 

Rue allowed the subject to shift, perhaps innately sensing Soltero's reluctance to delve further into his past. "I like it too," she agreed. "Travelling, I mean," she added quickly, for clarification. "...My birthpack traveled a lot, following the herds during the warm months, and I guess I miss that life a little now that I'm part of a more stationary pack. That's.. that's why I do so much scouting for the Plateau, I think." Rue's amber eyes slid to meet Soltero's gaze, and a half-smile pulled at the edge of her mouth. As she was sure he recalled, she had been on such a scouting venture the first time they had met.
Messages In This Thread
[YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Ruenna - December 31, 2018, 08:28 PM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Soltero - January 01, 2019, 07:55 AM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Ruenna - January 04, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Soltero - January 07, 2019, 12:23 PM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Ruenna - January 16, 2019, 10:41 AM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Soltero - January 18, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Ruenna - January 19, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Soltero - January 22, 2019, 11:47 AM
RE: [YULE] maybe just a half a drink more - by Ruenna - February 03, 2019, 12:33 PM