Shadow Mountain And his name is JOHN CENA
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
“Oh my god I think a field mouse would bitch less in the jaws of a fox than you bitch in general,” Tiercel threw her head back against her reedy shoulders and straitened her gaze at her aunt-more-like-a-sister as she made her pleas. Yeah, Tiercel had her own reservations about doing the complete opposite of what her mother and father asked of her constantly and with some cause for doing so, she supposed. “Stay in the goddamn glade!” just seemed so… restrictive? She could only get chased by the same apex predators so many times before it got boring and predictable, and besides, wasn’t this kind of imperative as a coming-of-age kind of thing? You run away from home, dragging your apprehensive friend along with you for insurance purposes against the wrath of your family, and learn some life-altering lessons that make you feel mature and not like a baby anymore, mom

Plus, she often heard mom and Nanna whisper-screaming about a place called Tikon or Tekon or whatever and well, since they wouldn’t tell her anything, like, ever, the old bitches, she’d just have to find out herself what was worth whisper-screaming about. Her general grasp of the word, minus a few phonetic errors, had gotten them this far, had it not? 

Anyway, truly, Tiercel had her own reservations though she was loath to share them. Like, how were they going to brainwash a moose to just lay down and die for them so they could eat like queens? Singra was older, and Tiercel noticed with envy when Nanna took her daughter to the steppe to give her hunting lessons, so she would have to put those skills to the test soon. ”We’ll find food in no time, I think I smell…” she didn’t smell anything, but feigned interest in the wind with a flex of her nose. ”A moose. Injured. Yeah! That’ll feed us for weeks!” Of course, Tiercel hadn’t exactly disclosed that she hadn’t successfully taken her first doe yet, as was tradition in Keokuk Glade. That would have implied she was a liability and it also would have given her less credibility when she had been trying to convince her aunt to run away in the first place. How were they going to take down this fictional, injured moose? With just the two of them?

Tiercel wasn’t about to give Miss

Home, 
the spot of earth supremely blest, 
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest!

more reason to kvetch about going back to home thweet home, so she had to keep her timid kin intoxicated with morale.

With a sigh and an eye-roll, Tiercel stopped her hurried jogging through the crunchy snow and fog and materialized beside Singra with a quiet ”boo!” unfurling a petty smile afterwards. ”Sure, you wanna stop here? In this fog? Where all the Fog Bears live? Okay… 

you’re the grOwn Up.” she mumbled lastly, shooting her auntie a crabbed look. "My mom would be really sad probably if a Fog Bear ate her sweet baby child and you were able to get away, but like if you want to stop, we'll stop. Maybe find that smell I smelled a second ago." The ungallant adolescent squinted her eyes towards the fog. With a gaze as lambent as it was, it should have shown them the way like bright lanterns in a cave. Alas, the wet fog seemed only to roll in thicker the more they trekked.
1/3 threads. lowp, tag 2 manifest
Messages In This Thread
And his name is JOHN CENA - by ZC1 - January 14, 2019, 11:06 AM
RE: And his name is JOHN CENA - by Tiercel - January 14, 2019, 06:21 PM
RE: And his name is JOHN CENA - by ZC1 - January 15, 2019, 06:09 PM