Duck Lake and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
There was a time not so long ago when such a mistake would have mortified Rue, but she found that presently she was more amused than anything. Perhaps that boded well for their budding friendship. A hint of a smile twitched at the corner of her mouth. She certainly couldn't be blamed for her confusion-- Thorn had earned himself a reputation, after all. 

Rue's instant relief was evident in her posture and upon her countenance; everything seemed to relax after his reassurance. She nodded her understanding. Believe it or not, Rue actually had been made such an offer before-- the one that involved the mateship, that is. When she had turned her suitor down, he had attempted to take what he wanted, specifically.. what Rue had denied to him. These were events that the young woman had no desire to repeat. 

But to be sought out for her merit... this was a first for Rue. Truly, that small, almost-throwaway line Thorn had spoken-- Stigmata thinks highly of you-- was far more tempting to Rue than the promise of rank. Any rank she attained could be easily usurped with some ill-luck in battle. However, if she had her leader's respect-- her leader's ear-- she would possess security and influence no matter how many rank challenges she lost or forfeited. 

"How is it that you are able to promise me tessarius?" she inquired, head tilted curiously. "Are you to be rewarded with a new rank upon.." Rue swallowed. "..Upon our return?" Did Thorn's upward mobility hinge on attaining success with her here, today?
Messages In This Thread
and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 11:42 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 09:40 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 10:58 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 08:02 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 09:56 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 12:02 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 10:06 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 11:50 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 29, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 30, 2019, 10:26 AM