Permafrost Hollows I decided to play when I knew you were fire
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

The man needed to keep busy. He was filling caches today, getting ready for something. Anything, a major snowstorm would hinder the progress of the pack seriously. 
There was one last night though. He'd moved through it, however, keeping on his patrol. 

Today, the world was in a new blanket of powder with another layer threatening to hail from the sky soon. He had to move quickly. 
Hunting birds were his specialty, yet the snow made everything harder for him. The sinking crunch on the soft powder startled the birds often so, to avoid this, he had to spread his legs wide. It seemed to work with less sinking and, if he did hit a softer patch, he'd only go as far as his belly.
It proved more successful, anyway.

Derg had a fowl in his sights, it was pecking and scratching at the snow trying to get to the ground. The wolf didn't know what the bird was trying to find, but he wouldn't find it. The man was nearing, the ground was firm. Perfect. It had to hold long enough -- just a little closer. The russet-cloaked burst forward then pushed up as the bird rose with a squark of terror. They always went up. His teeth clasped around the bird and was brought down heavily as Derg too thudded on his landing. He braced both paws on his catch, refusing to let go yet. 

Expertly, he held the bird and ended it without further clamor. Again, he was successful. His head lifted and he looked about, checking for anything that may have been attracted to the sound; friend or foe.

​277 words
|  •  •  |
Messages In This Thread
I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 03, 2019, 08:14 AM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 15, 2019, 05:19 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 17, 2019, 12:47 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 17, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 18, 2019, 03:21 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 19, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 19, 2019, 02:42 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 20, 2019, 05:58 AM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 21, 2019, 10:26 AM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 21, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 22, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 10:33 AM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 23, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Keen - February 28, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: I decided to play when I knew you were fire - by Derg - February 28, 2019, 12:54 PM