Hushed Willows 1936
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive nodded her head attentively and pursed her licorice lips as Lily explained her experience with Diaspora, or lack thereof. This was both comforting and disconcerting, at the same time. Comforting because, if there was something to be worried about, surely the gravid blackbird —  a wild scout and ambassador if she had ever seen one — would know about it. Disconcerting because she wanted to talk about Diaspora, and learn more about them, and Lily was going to make her work for it. “Heavens, no!” she tittered in response to the Satori’s suggestion that there might be something wrong. ”I’m just… beginning to become curious about those around us.” she said, being completely truthful.

In the depths of her season, she discovered a severe craving for the Diaspora General that had begun to edge onto something voracious and obsessive. She craved Seabreeze and Delight too, yes, but she could have them whenever she wanted; this was a blessing, she recognized, but Stigmata was so distinctly not hers, and was as far from one of Elysium’s Angels as one could be. It intrigued her, especially because…
“The stars shared with me that our neighbors are strong… some, growing stronger yet.” the woman turned a verdant eye towards Lily. In inspired something that Olive rarely felt: fear. Like how some foods are more nourishing when eaten together, it multiplied her wanting a thousandfold. 

But, Olive was not a wanton woman. She was the leader of a pack, and despite her heat, she tried to look behind these phenomenons to find what lies underneath. Clearly, she was fearful for something.
“You don’t think anyone would ever come to hurt Elysium, would they?” It was something that Stigmata had once hinted at: not that he would harm Elysium, but that someone might. It was a reasonable concern. “… are we protected enough?” Olive asked hesitantly. Of course, there were her’s and Lily’s and Aliac’s children to think about. It was a question worth asking.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
1936 - by Olive - February 25, 2019, 02:57 PM
RE: 1936 - by Lily - March 14, 2019, 10:47 AM
RE: 1936 - by Olive - March 22, 2019, 12:29 PM
RE: 1936 - by Lily - March 22, 2019, 02:22 PM
RE: 1936 - by Olive - March 31, 2019, 01:09 AM
RE: 1936 - by Lily - March 31, 2019, 06:08 PM
RE: 1936 - by Olive - April 04, 2019, 10:13 PM
RE: 1936 - by Lily - April 05, 2019, 07:44 PM