Snowforest Taiga how can you ever learn what isn't shown
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
she asked about rusalka and what it was like there. it was a challenging thing to explain. it was just a normal pack, like most of the others out there. at least, that was what he’d wanted to say to her. she didn’t know much about what pack life was like, though. more than this, illidan wasn’t entirely certain that it was a normal pack. all he knew was that it was his home. he had been born there and he had never hoped to see the place again, but life had given him another chance. the dark-hooded young man would not squander this one.

“it’s nice. it’s protected by huge cliffs with only a single entrance that leads you down to the sand and the beach. we have caves, a dark pine forest, and you can sit and watch the ocean for days and days,” he explained the sound to her as well as he could. it was almost like he could scent the sea air as he did so. the sound of thunder reminded him of where he was, and he breathed a quiet sigh. “we don’t ask a lot of our members and we give plenty of opportunity to those who join and prove themselves. you would probably like it there.” at least, he imagined that she would have found some peace of mind. he did not want to discuss that they had gone to war. he did not want to tell her about the potential dangers of having the drageda wolves right above them. he wanted her to believe that rusalka was as perfect as he’d described it.

“i actually have two other brothers, but i don’t talk about them and i don’t want to… they ruined a lot of things for our family,” he admitted in a cold tone. “i was the first born. the rest came after. i don’t think being the first to be born actually does anything for you. i certainly don’t feel like it gave me an advantage.” and all at once, he was frustrated with himself for having shared details about ephraim and rhakios. illidan didn’t want to give her answers to his backstory. he didn’t want to discuss the cold feelings that he harbored for his brothers.

he didn’t want to face the idea that they weren’t actually to blame for any of the things that had gone wrong.

"don't you miss him? wouldn't he miss you?"
Messages In This Thread
how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 09, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 28, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 01, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 04, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 11:09 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Illidan - April 06, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 11, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 23, 2019, 08:04 PM