Hushed Willows girl in new york
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
She didn’t see him that often, but that was okay because he was like she — born of the same blood, and prone to the same inclinations. She liked to wander, so she new that he must like the craft all the same. Though the willows were small, she would sometimes go days without seeing her brother — which she figured was more than okay. She hadn’t seen him for almost three years; anything more often than that was considered a blessing.

When their paths crossed, she was quick to set down then hen and return his enthusiasm. The hen was not the point, just as excuse to seek out her brother and pass an afternoon with him. He was quick to notice the change in her being, and the dove puffed out her chest, proud of having achieved [what she considered to be] her life’s greatest purpose. 

“Oh, it’s such a wonderful thing” she breathed, exuding her elation. She almost felt high, all the time — of as if she had just come off of an hour’s meditation. Totally in her body, totally in the moment, totally present. “We literally could not be happier. You have arrived at a wonderful time, brother.” With a crook of her twiggy forearm, she pushed the fallen feathered creature words the man and cocked her head in unspoken offering. But then she spoke it, anyways.

“Share this meal with me?” and after waiting a beat, wished to know how he was faring. Not so secretly, she wanted him to stay here forever. “Tell me — do you like it here, in Elysium? With me?"
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
girl in new york - by Olive - March 23, 2019, 10:31 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - March 23, 2019, 11:20 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - March 31, 2019, 02:30 AM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - April 02, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - April 21, 2019, 08:28 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - May 02, 2019, 12:35 AM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - May 13, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - June 01, 2019, 09:01 PM