Hushed Willows My faith is shaken, but I still believe.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
She watched their every movement, and noted every change that took place in their little, growing bodies. Though this was the third time she had gone through this song and dance, it delighted her every single time. She loved to do new mommy things, like watch her cubs sleep and be amazed how their chests rose and fell, rose and fell, rose and fell, hopefully forever. It was absolutely fantastic when their ears unsealed themselves and their movements were made a little more purpose, growing like little furry worms that scooted across the earth. 

It was their second week of life, and the mother knew that the gods would soon bestow them with the gift of sight. In fact, the midwife knew this to happened often at this point in a puppy’s life, so she inspected them at almost every moment, looking for a hint of puppy-blues at the corners of their lashlines. There had been nothing, thus far, but Olive knew everything happened in its own time.

Then, one day, Sundance squalled for her attention and when she turned to give it to him, she noticed his eyes, open, bright and wide! Olive’s mouth nearly fell open, but then transformed into the proudest grin. Her boy was seeing, and it was okay if she hadn’t totally been witness to the process. A flutter in her heart, she scooped little Sundance up in her arms and buried her face into the velvet of his round, pale belly. 
“Hello little one,” the mother greeted her child, hovering her face close to his. Though his eyes were open, his vision was none too good — and she wanted him to know her face, wanted him to love it, and wanted him to see it in his dreams. 

She looked around for @Ariel or @Seabreeze, wishing at least one of her wives could share in this splendor, before she returned back to her firstbone.
“How are you today?” she asked, as if he could possibly answer, as if this wasn’t the best day in his little puppy life (besides being born, you know).  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: My faith is shaken, but I still believe. - by Olive - May 09, 2019, 06:50 PM