Hushed Willows I wanna believe that your faith in me is as strong as it was
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Their reason for coming was not unknown to Olive, though they hadn’t yet stated it. There was only one reason that a group of wolves such as this, weary and road-worn, would approach their borders — and it wasn’t because they wanted to learn more about the concept of a sanctuary. The thought of this entire family needing a home struck the druid like a punch to the gut, because her instinctive reaction was an unwelcome realization that they simply did not have the room.

The misted druid clenched her jaw as she listened to one of the two matriarchs explain their situation, and her suspicions were confirmed. The other woman stayed silent, and so did Olive for many moments. It was the first time that she had been confronted by this situation, and truthfully, did not know how to handle it. It was at moments like this when she wished that she weren’t the leader and that arturo or dakarai or stigmata could come handle this for her. It was a weak inclination meant for a younger wolf, but she felt it all the same.

“That is true,” the dove noted at long last. then she drew in breath, not hoping to string this poor family along with lies. “It pains me to say, we have had so many mothers birth their children within our walls that Elysium cannot support any others.” Pained her and delighted her to know that Elysium had been so prosperous this year, but this was the first time she had felt guilty about it. Most of the pack’s resources were being consumed by the council’s own pups, not the pups of others  — and here was a woman, a family, in need and she was unable to assist them. It, for all intents and purposes, felt as if she failed.

Olive’s gaze met that of both women in turn.
“We would not be a true sanctuary if we did not protect those already within our fold.” she entreated, explaining the issue fully. It was true, and the reason she could not welcome them as freely as she truly wished to. Olive had seen what happened when a territory became overpopulated come springtime and the game paths run dry. Sunspire had fallen because of it, and Oaxaca had died because of it. She was open to creative problem solving, to help them in any way she could, but…

The Shakti Women loosed a sigh, unable to contain her dolor.
“I know you must understand, although this is… most unfortunate…” she lamented. Then she looked up, surveying the adults who stood in front of her. “We can take some of you — but we cannot take all of you.” it was the only thing that she could think of. “Hear me though, I am so sorry.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wanna believe that your faith in me is as strong as it was - by Olive - May 18, 2019, 12:17 PM