Moonspear look what you've done
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It became a steady cascade of information to sort through. One thing led to another, of course. Hydra herself didn't balk at the timing, so that was good, and there was that to almost savor for all of the half second she could. Then, Ame didn't disagree fundamentally with some eventual expansion of their claims, especially with her offspring growing up and into families of their own further in the years to come--some bound to head outward sooner or later, but this all veered swift into bringing Speedy into the situation, and here before Charon, she didn't like it on principle. Her brows quirked, half skeptical and half in that vague disgust she could peer down her nose at him with when she understood what Hydra implied--then went on to speak on at length of their worth.

So, she was absolutely right to think that he would have failed in his lovely little mission to protect Speedy during her heat, then--not that she was surprised, but she was angry with him for it. That was as much confirmation as she would need, and, proof enough that he had willingly gone against what she had told him. In the one time he had brought it between them, she had expressed readily that she was not about just anyone for the sake of family--that his did not equal hers, not when she had no part in any of it, except frustration--just like this. Interesting, as I thought Speedy told you nothing came of it, she deadpanned and her tail lashed, for this statement she pointed at Hydra, who would understand what went unsaid. Liars, too, then.. the both of them. You saw what happened the last time I heard all about the potential worth of the unborn that I did not sanction here, she said, meaning those newly born dead bodies arranged on their borders left behind by Zafina. She had never elaborated that situation to Charon, considering the timing, so didn't care if he understood what she meant.

Needless to say, she didn't trust any of it. Hydra's offspring were the only sure thing she could bank on, and so for them, that was all that mattered. She didn't want to look at those cubs merrily enjoying the mountain meant for their family, and see Charon's features and know that he had lied, gone behind her back, disrespected her, and so had Speedy right along with him as a willing enough accomplice to the crime. She would kill them before they could even grow up enough to be the meat-shields these two were imagining. Didn't they realize...?  How could they expect her to be placated on these hypotheticals, ones placed on the shoulders of what she viewed as lesser already?

This is not to say that I do not support spreading our reach, or them branching on their own, but I do not want to splinter my family in any hurry for the sake of Speedy's illicit whelps. We do not have the numbers in excess to make that easily possible now, and I would much rather have my grandpups protected by their family first, too.. Which meant here, with them. She didn't care about the fate of Speedy's pups and had made that clear well before the chance. She didn't want to worry about recruiting flaky randoms at a time when they needed to focus on themselves here at home, and the lives they would welcome that mattered to this mountain in what, hardly more than the whole turn of the moon? They would all know why she only trusted her own with such delicate, important matters as those. Expendable or not, I do not feel quite convinced yet that I need anything to do with them yet.. she sighed, mostly just tired of needing to drill this so badly. She understood what they were going for, but it went against more than it helped.. Just as much as I do not need you beside me, as someone I know that I cannot trust any longer, this much she grated directly at Charon, showing the edges of her teeth.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
look what you've done - by Charon - May 17, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Hydra - May 17, 2019, 06:08 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Charon - May 17, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Hydra - May 21, 2019, 06:44 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Hydra - May 21, 2019, 08:34 PM
RE: look what you've done - by Charon - May 22, 2019, 04:31 AM
RE: look what you've done - by Hydra - May 22, 2019, 07:30 AM
RE: look what you've done - by Charon - May 22, 2019, 05:32 PM