Ghost Lion Crag Misty mountains sing and beckon
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,529 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
There was no way that Maia was going anywhere far anytime soon now.  Their leader was dead and now Colt was in charge. She didn't know a lot about him or really any of them save Wraen.... maybe she'd been traveling a bit much lately.  

But she still itched to move.  The Firebird claim was a dampened place nowadays despite having so many new lives.  That was why she was here,, in the place she last met the blue eyed boy. 

She sat down in the canyon below the crag and heaved a heavy sigh.   She should go back.  In a while.

The sigh did steady her, and after a minute she looked up. She had only done this a couple times, and only ever completely in private. She needed to though.

Mom, dad... hey. Um. Wildfire's probably there already, and she seemed to know you, so I'm sure you're all happy. I'm actually a little jealous. She smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. I miss you guys so much, and if Cori and Cass are there, them too. Her voice broke. I just... I know now I was lucky to get you as long as I did. A lot dont, y'know? I know I wasn't great at saying it but I love you and knowing you're gone sucks.

At this point she had to pause, because she didn't want to start crying but it was also kinda too late. Thanks for being there as long as you were. She ended finally, trailing off and lowering her head to hide the tears. Seeing Elfie and Weejay after had been a hard reality check for her, harder than she'd ever thought possible. How did you come back from that? They barely knew her, and now they never would,

Maia had never considered herself a lucky wolf before, but now she knew without a doubt she was. Not everyone got the childhood she had gotten.... and now her own younger siblings, if they were still alive, were somewhere out there without a mom or a dad too. The world could be kind of a terrible place sometimes.
Messages In This Thread
Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Maia - May 24, 2019, 12:24 AM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Alula - May 24, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Maia - May 24, 2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Alula - May 24, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Maia - May 26, 2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Alula - May 26, 2019, 07:03 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Maia - May 26, 2019, 10:31 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Alula - May 26, 2019, 10:52 PM
RE: Misty mountains sing and beckon - by Maia - May 28, 2019, 12:59 AM