Fox's Glade I saw a light.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
How did someone grow up to be so big, strong, and powerful? Someone willing to throw themselves in to the wilderness and give chase to demons the way Ira did, as if it were the simplest thing in the world? Maybe Ibis was raised wrong. Maybe it was because of her size and lack of brawn, but could she eventually be a warrior like this woman? This giant who reminded her strongly of her own father? Not likely. The girl wasn't built the same way and even if she coveted that sense of confidence and power, she knew she'd never make it as a guardian of any sort. But she felt the strong pull of jealousy deep down — something Ibis had not felt since she'd been very small and wished she could be as pretty as Eleuthera. It was a similar experience for her now however she wanted the pride inherent within Ira, the composure, the strength. She didn't want to be a useless lump as she felt now.

It just needed to be spooked, Ira tried to calm the feelings inside of her with these small comments, feigning humility while she emerged from the forest's shadow-black bushes, brave as can be. As the topic shifted back to things Ibis understood and excelled at, she felt a little better — but still, in the back of her mind, wondered about what could have been.

We have been well. There are two litters in our pack: my father's new trio, and my uncle Rannoch's batch. Ibis recited this with a little of her usual good cheer, although it felt a little scripted for her to announce this; she had actively tried to spread the good news only a week ago and had travelled to Easthollow for that express purpose, and so to have to repeat herself made her feel strange; inadequate, maybe. Had she not done a good enough job the first time around? Korei told me that your pack has kids too. she added with a thin smile.
Messages In This Thread
I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 27, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ira - May 27, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 27, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ira - May 27, 2019, 10:28 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 27, 2019, 10:35 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ira - May 27, 2019, 10:59 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 27, 2019, 11:09 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ira - May 28, 2019, 12:03 AM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 28, 2019, 12:07 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ira - May 28, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: I saw a light. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 28, 2019, 01:24 PM