Hushed Willows like eating glass
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All good! Hope school chills tf out for you!

He is confused, as is to be expected, and then makes the connection. Hearing the words makes Ibis' stomach churn. It feels like her heart is in her throat, and she forces herself to be more composed but --- but its so hard -- she sniffles, burrows her nose in to his fur to contain the sob as it erupts from her mouth. When she can manage it, she withdraws enough to nod, just a little. It was wrong of her to lie and Ibis knows that, aches over that fact with more guilt than is necessary. Each time she tries to explain herself she feels the same tension knotting through her belly -- suffocating the words before she can voice them. Gradually though she manages to calm herself enough to say, I got so close, b-but, Lily, she's... It took me so long, before, and I couldn't let them... Wouldn't make them relive the loss, so I didn't visit. I was afraid to. Even as she said these things she knew she could not have done anything differently; nothing could have compelled Ibis to revisit that pain upon her beloved mothers and the family they had built. But now, sitting here while everyone else was gone, it was like a ghost town — and Ibis blamed herself. I'm sorry Okee.
Messages In This Thread
like eating glass - by Okeanos - September 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Okeanos - September 24, 2019, 10:24 AM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 28, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Okeanos - October 09, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: like eating glass - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 09, 2019, 03:40 PM