Hideaway Strath Take a sad song and make it better
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue perceived the other woman's shyness right away, and the first thing out of Effie's mouth was an admission of ignorance. Rue tilted her head curiously. Effie's unassuming nature reminded Rue of a younger version of herself... which meant that it was likely that Effie knew more than she was giving herself credit for. 

"Phox is particularly fond of the stars," Rue replied, "All of our ranks are named after different types of stars, or so they say." Rue lowered her voice conspiratorially. "To be honest though, I can't tell the difference. They all look like dots to me." The woman chuckled. It seemed completely outlandish that there should be so many different names for types of stars, when they all just looked like pinpricks of light to Rue. 

"Hmm," Rue hummed thoughtfully. Like Effie, she had never given the night sky much thought, and it had certainly been outside her realm of study. "I know that even though the stars move across the sky, they never change position relative to one another. It's like they're all fixed upon one giant skin that slides and rotates across the heavens." Rue smiled at Effie, wondering if she had noticed the same phenomenon.
Messages In This Thread
Take a sad song and make it better - by Effie - October 04, 2019, 02:07 AM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Ruenna - October 05, 2019, 08:32 AM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Effie - October 19, 2019, 12:51 AM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Ruenna - October 26, 2019, 06:58 AM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Effie - November 05, 2019, 10:43 PM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Ruenna - November 12, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Effie - November 19, 2019, 10:09 PM
RE: Take a sad song and make it better - by Ruenna - November 27, 2019, 09:33 AM