Emberwood We didn't start the fire. (UG)
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
This is still open to anyone from UG to pop in! Just gonna keep it flowin'.
Your character is welcome to cameo in the thread if they're busy (such as a howl).

A few of the people she called showed up immediately; they must have been close, maybe scouting the area like she had been or trying to hunt. It suddenly felt very wrong to pull them aside from such important duties—so she decided to keep things quick and to-the-point, that way they could get back to whatever they were doing before her interruption. The more the merrier of course, but Ibis was not concerned; anything said here would disseminate among the survivors naturally.

It was Awol that spoke up first; to him she smiled wide, and then she looked to the others who had popped up—Bhediya, Pygmalion. She was so glad to have met these people at such a desperate moment in her life. She was so, so lucky. When it was clear they were all waiting for her to say something, she got right down to it.

I.. I love our marsh. I love it very much, but I know it isn't an ideal place for so many people. It is cold, wet, muddy, and will only get worse as the season progresses. I called for you so that we could discuss a plan. As she went on to explain, Ibis felt her face warm and flush with nervousness. She was suddenly glad the gathering was so small. We've been working hard to make the marsh our home but I'm sure you're all thinking about the winter. So, I want to propose.. That we move. Here, maybe. It isn't far from the marsh and all of our food stores, which is good. These woods aren't as murky as the marsh, so we won't be cold. And... If my brother comes home, we won't be far away. The last thing she wanted was to move and lose all contact with Okeanos when he returned to her; it wasn't a question of if in her mind, but when.

With all that said, Ibis looked to each wolf for confirmation—or any reaction at all, really. If they did not like her choice or had another option to offer up, she was all ears. What mattered now was the group's safety and security for the winter.
Messages In This Thread
We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 13, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Pygmalion - November 13, 2019, 02:32 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Alheis - November 13, 2019, 05:23 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Bhediya - November 13, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 04:39 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 05:11 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Pygmalion - November 16, 2019, 09:35 PM
RE: We didn't start the fire. (UG) - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 12:30 AM