Emberwood I'd dance in a storm in my best dress.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Tag for reference! Open to anyone that wants to help with exploring/claiming the wood! :) @Bhediya maybe?

Ibis had led the newest arrivals to the marsh out of habit, but it wasn't a very well populated place when they arrived. A few of her friends greeted them with little nods; some took to glancing at the burly man and the child she led along, but each wolf was busy with some job or another; what few scattered caches they'd managed to build within the marsh were being excavated, re-purposed. Much of what Ibis loved about the marsh had centred around its water: even though it smelled a little funky, when the ponds were still she loved to look at them and see the sky mirrored back, or study the way the mud froze in to different shapes with the descending temperature, and her absolute favorite thing about the marsh was how vibrant everything looked; water could bring out so much more colour!

Those that lived in the marsh learned quickly of how volatile the soil truly was, though. Caches spoiled faster if they did not freeze, and when the mud became cold enough to frost, there was no way to dig in to it. These issues were one of the main reasons Ibis had proposed the move. The rest of her friends had taken to her message well, and thus they were working hard now to gather what they could—to take it deep in to the Emberwood.

It was pure habit that brought Ibis to the marsh that day with Kavik, and upon realizing her mistake, she explained the situation; the meeting among the rest of her friends, the choice that had been made. The Emberwood would serve them well once they had mapped it, she thought. And so she had taken them to the fringe—to that same spot where she had hosted discourse on what to do next, to the clearing on the fringe of the forest lined with piles of leaves, and let @Kavik make his choice. When he'd slipped off to hunt she felt confident that all was well. Without much else to do thereafter, Ibis extricated herself and sought her own job. Her paws were sore and her legs stiff from so much back-and-forth travel; but she was happy to feel useful, and even happier to have brought these people together.

As she roamed through the western limits of the forest she found that there wasn't as much variety here, not like in the marsh. The moss was just as prolific but it did not wrap itself around every branch, or hang like webbing. The sharp smell of mud was no longer in the air, but the trees had their own smell which Ibis discovered she quite liked; there were differences between the woods and the marsh of course, and much for her to get used to. In the back of her mind she could not help thinking, 'I will miss the ponds,' and thought of the swath of lilies growing at her favourite one, and let out a little sigh.
Messages In This Thread
I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:04 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:19 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:41 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 09:32 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:45 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 11:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 11:03 PM