Stone Circle and the smell of the ground.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she does not expect any level of happiness from valette, and so is unsurprised when the woman speaks her mind. she is glad for it, in a way; it is apparent she can trust the leader never to mislead her. she is silent a moment, considering, before repaying valette's blunt honestly with her own. "I know. there is some part of me that wants to remain; I feel I could learn a lot from you, and the wolves of easthollow are good people." but the matriarch is right, and her mind is firm. 

she hesitates a moment before continuing, revealing the other motivation that drives her on. "I was a mother once, Valette. I lost by mate and my pups last season." for once, the grief the admission sparks is dim. "I want to be a mother again, a leader again, and I want to do it right. I've been a poor sister, these past few weeks, and I need to make it up to my brother, too." it is far from her only motivation; far more important are sunny and the rest of her family, scattered as they are. she remembers evergreen's words, her own reply, and she is certain of what she wants and what she will do.
Messages In This Thread
and the smell of the ground. - by Dawn - January 18, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by RIP Valette - January 18, 2020, 03:34 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by Dawn - January 19, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by RIP Valette - January 20, 2020, 06:06 AM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by Dawn - January 20, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by RIP Valette - January 20, 2020, 03:41 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by Dawn - February 01, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: and the smell of the ground. - by RIP Valette - February 09, 2020, 12:27 PM