Blacktail Deer Plateau A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He tensed when she moved swiftly towards him, and offered a vaguely apologetic glance when he realized she didn't mean to strike at him. It felt so strange to be here with her again. Maybe if he had lingered a little bit longer in this forest he would have felt better? That would have saved him from getting lost - but then he would never have found Tortuga, and in a sense, found a part of himself he didn't know he had been missing.

Rosalyn's question was met with a slant of his ears, but he smiled thinly despite the apprehension he felt. She sounded tired but that was probably something else - some unreadable emotion brought on by his return. I... I wanted to go home. It was still wrecked, so I went looking for something better.. For all of us. He had planned to come home all along - sooner, but fate wouldn't allow that.

Every place I found was just as broken as the last. Eventually I found a place, but... It wasn't right. Reyes did not want to explain the twists of fate that brought him to Tortuga; parts of the place had helped him to grow, while others had been difficult to understand, and all of it felt too personal to share with his mother. He was quiet a moment before adding, ...the residents called it Tortuga.

It did not dawn upon the boy that his pirate-wench of a mother might know of it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. - by Reyes (Ghost) - January 28, 2020, 08:34 PM