Hoshor Plains Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Before long something manifests along the plains. Where the white-gold of the snowed grassland terminates against the moody grey sky, there comes a shape larger than anything Reyes had previously seen. It is canid, most assuredly, but he thinks for a moment it might be something more than that: part bear maybe, or part bison (though he has yet to see a bison close-up). Either way it is unnerving to see the shape coalesce and advance upon his position. He thinks hastily of what to do as it approaches, wanting to simultaneously fight or flee - but instead of either, he stops his ambling and stares.

When the wolf encounters the claim's edge they stop too, and Reyes looks him over before averting his gaze. His attention is wholly focused on this gargantuan creature all the same, but he knows to be deferential and to avoid direct eye-contact on the initial approach. No need to piss off someone that big after all. Flashbacks to his childhood and to Vengeance, to Verxingetorix, to the inadequacy of feeling so small.

Reyes knows he's close to their territory so the comments don't shock him. He's more intrigued by the lack of follow-through by the monster of a wolf, and when he gathers enough courage to face him and to speak his own peace, there is an edge to his tone. The boy knows he's hopelessly outmatched if this guy chooses to bare fangs against him, but Reyes cannot help but be a little bit pugnacious, at least to prove to himself he's not some yellow-bellied wuss.

I'm headin' to the mountains. Smelled the border, ain't gonna cross it - scout's honor. He explains, not going in to detail about his intended quest or his target, as it didn't really matter. A beat later he adds, What's this place called anyhow? He wants to snipe at him about how stupid it is that there's no cover, that it's so open, but deep down Reyes is honestly a little bit jealous; he likes how open it is opposed to the dense forest of the plateau, so he holds his tongue.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again. - by Reyes (Ghost) - February 05, 2020, 05:25 PM